Weddings and Partnership Unions
Your decision to be married is a significant event in your lives and one that must reflect the special dreams and expectations you desire in a marriage service. The choice to use a marriage celebrant to perform your ceremony is an important decision on that journey. I believe that the services I can offer you as your Commonwealth Authorised Marriage Celebrant will make your special day.
What will I provide as your chosen marriage celebrant?
- Privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Sensitive and supportive response to your needs
- An assurance that all legal requirements are fully met and on-time
- Accurate advice about all aspects of your wedding ceremony
- On-going support and consultation from our first meeting
What can you expect from me as your marriage celebrant?
- Services of fully qualified and Commonwealth Authorised Marriage Celebrant
- An “obligation-free” first meeting
- Help in creating your ceremony
- Provision of a special ceremony kit with sample services, readings,etc.
- On-going telephone and email support
- A wedding rehearsal within 14 days prior to your ceremony
- Provision of a portable PA system and signing table if required.
How will your ceremony be created?
- The Marriage Act requires certain legal wording inclusions in your ceremony which will be discussed at the initial meeting.
- Couples are free to create their own vows, readings, rituals and music to make their ceremony unique to their specific needs and I will assist in this process.
- I will provide a comprehensive resource booklet to assist you in creating your service.
- A draft order of service is provided after our discussions for your approval prior to the wedding rehearsal.
- Advice regarding copyright will be discussed as part of the creation of your service.
Can family members be invloved in our ceremony?
- Civil rites ceremonies allow the bridal couple to include family members and others in their service.
- Other than for the “Official Witnesses” (who must be 18 years or more) there is no age barrier to being invloved in a wedding ceremony.
- Special rituals can be included to signify the importance of blended families.
- Several opportunities exist for parents, children and other family members or friends to play an important role in the wedding ceremony.
Can cultural traditions be included in our ceremony?
- Civil Rites ceremonies enable cultural traditions to be woven into your wedding ceremony
- Use of certified interpreters is encouraged where guests are non-English speaking but is mandatory if the “Official Witnesses” are non-English speaking.
- Speacial arrangements can be made to facilitate the use of culturally significant inclusions in the weding ceremony.